umask

Peter Brigham MD pmbrig at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 16:46:57 EST 2011

On Jan 24, 2011, at 2:23 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> On 1/21/11 1:00 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>> On 1/21/11 12:47 PM, Peter Brigham MD wrote:
>
>>> I just double-checked: created a new mainstack, put a new field in
>>> it,
>>> put some text into it, and put this in the field script:
>>>
>>> on selectionchanged
>>> beep
>>> end selectionchanged
>>>
>>> and when I click anywhere in the text to change the insertion
>>> point I
>>> get a beep, but when I use the arrowkeys to move the insertion
>>> point I
>>> get no beep, just a silent shift of the insertion point.
>
> I finally checked on this, and you're right, selectionChanged isn't
> sent in an unlocked, non-list field. Instead, arrowkeys are treated
> as keypresses like any other character, so you need to trap key-
>
> If the field is a list field, then arrowkeys do trigger
> selectionChanged.

That makes sense, since that is the whole point of list fields, right?
to be able to select a line or lines for various purposes.

I'm always happy with any element of consistency -- we live in a
universe of increasing entropy and local order is to be treasured....

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com
http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig