Changiing the height of a stack

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Jan 22 22:39:06 EST 2011

On 1/22/11 5:38 PM, Peter Haworth wrote:

> ...you said:
>

>> But lockloc doesn't restrict that for any object.
>

> I took that to mean that lockloc doesn't lock the top left of any
> object which is not what the dictionary says.  It wouldn't be the
> first time I've found inaccuracies in the dictionary so thought it
> worthwhile to confirm if it is correct or not on this issue.  Since I
> posted my comment, I've verified that the dictionary is correct.

I was holding off until I could try it so I'm glad you tested it. That's
the nice thing about having new(er) people on the list, they see stuff I
haven't looked at in years. You're right, and I see now why you made the
connection.

> This whole mess got started by me reading the following in the
> dictionary in the entry for the height property:
>
> "If an object's lockLocation property is false, when you change its
> height, it shrinks or grows from the center. The object's top and
> bottom edges both shift, while the object's location property stays
> the same. If the object's lockLocation property is true, it shrinks
> or grows from the top left corner: the object's top edge stays in the
> same place, and the bottom edge moves."
>
> I assume the word "object" includes stacks and cards in LC
> terminolgy, but maybe I'm wrong on that.

Stacks and cards aren't. I get caught out by that once in a while in
general-purpose mouseup handlers. For example, in a card script:

on mouseup
  put the number of the mousecontrol
end mouseup

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com