How do I force a key to enter just one character when being pressed?

William de Smet williamdesmet at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 06:02:07 EST 2011

Thanks John,

But with this script I limt the entry of the field to just one character.
My 'problem' is dat when you keep a key pressed down more characters
are entered.
When you hold down the 'A' key AAAAAAAAAAA is entered.
I wish to limit that. Just one entry of a key when being hold
down/pressed al the time.

Any thoughts on this?

greetings,

William