Groups - Lock Size and Position

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 16 08:14:51 EST 2011

--- On Sat, 1/15/11, Warren Kuhl <warrenkuhl at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have some groups within a Tab
> Menu.  I am trying to make the tab menu and
> groups scalable based on the size of the stack.  When
> I test this, it keeps
> setting on the lock size and position on for the
> groups.  What would cause
> this when I keep unhiliting the lock size and position of
> the groups?
>
> I don't have any code within my stack to lock the size.
>
> Thanks for any help!
> Warren

Hi Warren,

Are you by any chance using the revGeometry manager to reposition and resize your objects? Then it's perfectly normal: a group is normally automatically sized to fit around the contained controls (plus the margins on each side) - but when the geometry manager needs to start moving things around, it could get into some serious conflicts if it doesn't 'lock' the groups beforehand.

If you're not using the geometry manager, then please ignore :-)

Jan Schenkel.
=====
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for LiveCode
www.quartam.com

=====