Going Metallic?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Jan 15 15:28:25 EST 2011

Richmond wrote:

> On Mac one can set one's stack to have a metallic background.
>
> Is there a way to:
>
> 1. Leverage this on other platforms (Win, Linux)?
>
> 2. Leverage for obejects/controls?
>
> Presumably the metallic effect relies on an image file buried
> somewhere in the recesses of the RunRev Runtime?

I think it was an OS call, which is why it looks funky under the latest
versions of OS X; with Leopard forward Apple has deprecated the metallic
appearance.

The good news is that if you really want it you can mock it up in Rev is
a way that'll work everywhere.  Just don't expect it to be accepted into
the App Store. :)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World