Codesign Error

Marty Knapp martyknapp at comcast.net
Thu Jan 13 11:19:16 EST 2011

Hey Colin,

My app doesn't have a data folder in the bundle, so it didn't do that
step. The codesign command you suggested is exactly what I tried. As
that didn't work, I didn't get any further.

I need to get to the bottom of what "no identity found" is referring to
- I'm assuming that it's either a certificate problem or a plist
problem, though that's just a guess on my part.

I tried the "Signing Assistant" program that you can download from the
Rev newsletter of a few issues ago, in the article, 'LiveCode Apps for
the Mac Store" but it isn't working for me either. I assume it's running
into the same problem, though it does not appear to have any error
reporting.

I'm pretty new to using the Terminal and it seems to me that Apple
should supply something a bit better for a routine task like this. Or do
the codesigning themselves when you upload your app.

So I'm stuck at this point. I've sent tech support questions to Apple in
the past and I've never gotten a response, so haven't done that with
this issue.

Marty