Bad text...

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sun Jan 9 12:06:05 EST 2011

David-

Sunday, January 9, 2011, 1:51:15 AM, you wrote:

> On the first card try "put the good_Text of fld 1 of cd 2", which works as
> expected, but  "put the bad_Text of fld 1 of cd 2" returns empty! It gets
> even more complicated if you try to get "the properties of fld 1 of cd 2" -
> where the "long id" trick no longer works.

Good one. I tried various combinations of the above, even with
behaviors, and got tood results, but I hadn't tried cross-card
invocations. Looks like the expression parser is failing.
Interestingly, this *does* work:

getprop bad_Text
    return the text of (the long id of the target)
end bad_Text

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net