As Sheet Dialog

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 3 14:06:34 EST 2011

I would go for this approach as well - for the simple reason that it avoids 'traversalOn' issues where the user could still 'tab' to a control and then press the 'space' or 'return' key to activate a button.
Plus, disabled controls look slightly different, and combined with an opaque 'overlay' graphic that has a blendLevel of 80 or so, you can even set its background colour to convey a difference between regular (white), warning (orange) and error (red) situations and questions.
Two years ago, I used this approach in a Java Swing application, and people appreciated it a lot - even if it was Mac-like UI element seeping into a Windows/Unix environment.

Just my 2 cents,

Jan Schenkel.
=====
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for LiveCode
www.quartam.com

=====