Deflating Binary Data

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Feb 25 12:28:03 EST 2011

On 2/25/11 9:15 AM, Nonsanity wrote:
> Well I'm having a conversation with myself here, but I can't seem to get the
> decompress() function to work. it keeps giving me an unhelpful error:
>
> Script compile error:
> Error description: Object Name:
>
> If I feed it binary data that came from compress(), it's fine and dandy. But
> send it anything else and the script aborts with that error. You would think
> it would return a helpful error value if the data was malformed in some way.
> And it seems not to like the data I need to re-inflate.

Those two functions are for gzip only. You can't give it any other kind
of data. RevZip and gzip are different.

The error is probably blank because LiveCode doesn't know what went
wrong exactly, only that it can't continue. That's actually an
improvement over older behavior, where the error would default to the
first line in the error list if there wasn't a match, giving incorrect info.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com