The group command

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 20 20:39:23 EST 2011

On Feb 20, 2011, at 4:18 PM, Peter Haworth wrote:

> The dictionary says I can refer to the group created by the group
> command by using the last keyword as in "last group".  Has anyone
> used this successfully?  For me, it is returning information about a
> group with a lower ID than the one created by the group command.
>
> Pete Haworth

It depends on what you have selected before using the group command.
Perhaps what you have selected cannot be made into a group

try 'Tools:Application Browser'
and locate all of the groups and note their layer position & id

Also try
    put the number of groups in this card into cdGroupCount
-- or --  put the number of groups into cdGroupCount
    put the number of groups in this stack into stkGroupCount

You should check the numbering of the groups.
Remember, the key words 'first' 'last' refer to the layering sequence,
such as

field 1, first field
button 4, card 18
when using last card, first card ..  the id of the cards can change if
the cards are sorted into a different order.

Groups are not really intuitive, so you should give a little more
detail about your steps that fail so we can give a better answer.

Hope this helps.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas