How do you manage lots of imported images?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Feb 10 18:24:03 EST 2011

On 2/10/11 4:36 AM, Tiemo Hollmann TB wrote:

> Second. How do you organize your images, when you have a lot? Do you create
> extra cards only for holding images, which you assign to buttons, or do you
> import the images on the current cards? What are your experiences?

I've done it different ways, but lately I mostly do this:

If there are only a few images, I put them on the cards they belong to.
If images are used on many cards, I usually put them all on one card.

If I have more than four or five images, I put them into a group. Then I
remove the group from the card so that it is not placed anywhere. This
is how imported HyperCard stacks do it, and it works well. You can put
all your images into an unplaced group, and they are available to the
entire stackfile, and they never show anywhere.

The disadvantage of the group method is that if you want to change any
of the images, you must place the group on a card so you can edit it,
and then remove the group from the card when you are done. I don't mind
that because the group method keeps the images out of my way and doesn't
clutter up the cards or the app browser, and I usually don't need to
change the images very often.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com