How to send a number as a number or How to rule an LED

Thomas McGrath III mcgrath3 at mac.com
Fri Feb 4 12:38:32 EST 2011


Is this right?

char cmd[255];
int param = 0;
char buf[255];
int bufloc = 0;
while ( true )
{
   buf[ bufloc ] = Serial.Read();
   if ( buf[ bufloc ] == 13 ) // CR EOL
   {
      sscanf( buf, "%s %i", cmd, &param );
       if ( !strcmp( cmd, "LED" ) ) // if cmd == "LED"
           DoLed( param );
       else if ( !strcmp( cmd, "BEEP" ) ) // if cmd == "BEEP"
           DoBeep( param );

       memset( buf, 0, sizeof( buf ) ); // clear the buffer
       bufloc = 0; // start at the beginning again
   }
   else
   {
       ++bufloc; // next read will go in the next buf char
       if ( bufloc > 255 )
       {
           // ERROR - buffer overflow - line too long - missing CR? (print
something...)
           memset( buf, 0, sizeof( buf ) );
           bufloc = 0;
       }
   }



-- Tom McGrath III
http://lazyriver.on-rev.com
3mcgrath at comcast.net

On Feb 4, 2011, at 12:35 PM, Thomas McGrath III wrote:

> Well, Thank you very much the numtochar worked perfectly. SInce most of these are either two or three numbers being sent for motor/stepper and LED and will not be more than 255 I will stick with the numtochar() for this. I will still try to come up with a parser for the Arduino for passing commands and arguments but a tleast for now I am Beating that LED into submission and am very happy about it.
> 
> 
> 
> -- Tom McGrath III
> http://lazyriver.on-rev.com
> 3mcgrath at comcast.net
> 
> On Feb 4, 2011, at 12:23 PM, form wrote:
> 
>> On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 12:18 PM, form <form at nonsanity.com> wrote:
>> 
>>> 
>>>   else
>>>       ++bufloc; // next read will go in the next buf char
>> 
>> 
>> For safety's sake...
>> 
>>   else
>>   {
>>       ++bufloc; // next read will go in the next buf char
>>       if ( bufloc > 255 )
>>       {
>>           // ERROR - buffer overflow - line too long - missing CR? (print
>> something...)
>>           memset( buf, 0, sizeof( buf ) );
>>           bufloc = 0;
>>       }
>>   }
>> 
>> Looking at that code and knowing that error would crash it... I couldn't
>> stand it anymore. :)
>> 
>> ~ Chris Innanen
>> ~ Nonsanity
>> _______________________________________________
>> use-livecode mailing list
>> use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
>> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
>> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode





More information about the Use-livecode mailing list