Case Study: Behaviors Failing - Can't set break points

Todd Geist todd at geistinteractive.com
Tue Dec 27 15:19:38 EST 2011

I am using the long ID when I set it.  But LiveCode immediately converts it
to the shorter version It is not my doing.

If Set this

button id 1004 of card id 1002 of stack "/Users/todd/Desktop/A.livecode"

LiveCode immediately changes it to

button id 1004 of card id 1002 of stack "/Users/todd/Desktop/A.livecode"

This is a good I think. I am pretty sure you wouldn't want to include the
full path to a stack in a behavior

Todd

On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 12:05 PM, Bob Sneidar <bobs at twft.com> wrote:

> Good point. The proper syntax *should* be
> set the behavior of <object> to the long id of button <the button object>.
> If the behavior script button is located on the first card of the stack the
> object is in, then you can use shorter versions, but why risk it? In your
> case, since the behavior is in a library, use the long ID.
>
> Bob
>

> On Dec 27, 2011, at 11:23 AM, Pete wrote:
>
> > OK, not exactly the same issue I had but stackfiles might still help.  If
> > your behaviors don't use a fully qualified stack file name (eg button id
> > 1020 of stack "Behaviors"), a stackfiles entry naming Behaviors and its
> > fully qualified stackfile path enables LC to resolve the behavior
> > references.  Not sure if that's your situation but maybe that will help.
> > Pete
> >
> > On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 10:47 AM, Todd Geist <todd at geistinteractive.com
> >wrote:
> >
> >> They are in the Library Stack itself not a substack.
> >>
> >> So you essentially injected the Library stack into the Main stack?

> of
> >>>

> >> Todd
> >>

> > --
> > Pete