Optional keywords?

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 12:42:20 EST 2011

I've come across it, but to be honest, I really like the verbose
real-language nature of Livecode.  I am a touch typist, so for me it
really is a question of programming as talking to myself.

One of the main things I wish LC had was named parameters, like in
Python, where one can call a function with something like this:

sum(value1=3, value2=5)

I like how clear it makes things when one sees a function being
called, especially when a function has many parameters.

Also, one can have default values specified in the declaration of a
function in Python.  That's also handy.

Bernard