iPhone is for games, Android is for apps.

Colin Holgate coiin at verizon.net
Fri Dec 23 14:15:27 EST 2011

> >end of apology for resolution independence.

I have to solve this same issue when doing things in Flash. There you have options about whether the "stage" is scaled or not, with the non-scaled mode being much like it is with LC.

With the scaled mode though it does something neat. It scales the height of the stage to the height of the device, and it reveals more content off to the sides if you're on a wider screen. This way I can lay things out to be a nice fit for iPad, but I have extra background texture going off to the left and right. On an iPhone you see a  bit more of that, and on the widest of devices, the new Galaxy Nexus, you would see even more background texture. I literally have one layout that works for all of the devices.