How to tell when a datagrid column has been resized

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Fri Dec 23 11:42:06 EST 2011

Thanks Pete. I figured out a way to do it by intercepting getProp dgColumnWidth. I was hoping to tell when a column had been resized after the fact, but I do not think a message gets sent. Things only happen during the resize operation. That will have to do.

I store a property of column properties, the name, the label and the width as a tab delimited list. Then I use this script in the datagrid:

getprop dgColumnWidth [pColumn]
    put the tblDisplay of this card into theColumnData
    put the dgProp["column widths"] of me into theColumnWidths
    replace comma with tab in theColumnWidths
    put the itemdelimiter into theOldDelim
    set the itemdelimiter to tab
    repeat with theCount = 1 to the number of lines of theColumnData
        put item theCount of theColumnWidths into item 3 of line theCount of theColumnData
    end repeat
    set the tblDisplay of this card to theColumnData
    set the itemdelimiter to theOldDelim
    pass dgColumnWidth
end dgColumnWidth

Works a treat.