Are the 'ask file' and 'answer file' stacks modal or not?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Dec 18 15:22:05 EST 2011

Ken Ray wrote:

> On Dec 17, 2011, at 7:08 PM, Joe Lewis Wilkins wrote:
>
>> But then we have the "as sheet" parameter do we not?
>
> For Mac, yes… but not for any other OS…

Yes and no:  the "sheet" effect only works on OS X where that's the
convention, but using the "as sheet" option on Windows (and Linux too
IIRC) causes the dialog to open as document-modal; that is, modal to the
toplevel window at the time the dialog was invoked, while the user is
still being able to interact with other toplevel windows.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World