characters lost pasting from Word To LiveCode field

Mark Powell mark_powell at symantec.com
Tue Dec 13 19:17:00 EST 2011

Hi Sieg

I have lot of fields that I have to handle like this and have found that a pasteKey handler in the field serves my purposes.  It first does

put the clipboardData["text"] into tTemp

followed by various filtering and replacement, followed by

put tTemp into me

Which of course replaces the field with what you are pasting.  If you want to append or insert, then a different put is needed.

By the way, at the end of every work day, I have constellations of Notepad documents open, that have done nothing except serve the purpose of stripping out Microsoft tagging from cut and paste tasks.  It is almost a standing joke among my team.  Yes, inelegant is the word, but apparently necessary.

Mark