When to release a free Android app? (development cycle)

Andrew Henshaw henshaw at me.com
Fri Dec 9 19:15:22 EST 2011

Thanks for that,  Ill move it up 60 pixels!

I was working with the 'working screenrect',  but ive probably forgotten to remove the geometry MobGUI adds,  if I move an image by just 1 pixels the geometry data is added back and then mobgui puts things back to where I put them while designing the layout for each screen size whatever I do with the code,  so if I actually move the bar up 60 pixels for the 600x1024 layout and fill the space with a black bar for other devices this should help in case I shift it again by accident!

I think I need to do a little more actually and check both the working and actual screenrects so if they are not 'expected' then maybe add a send in xxx milliseconds command to make sure even if the geometry data exists and mobgui does its stuff,  then when a different working rect is detected due to a soft toolbar etc  the interface is resized again after any mobgui changes to make sure it works in all cases.  One for the morning :)

The real problem I have is I dont have a Fire,  and cant get one here at the moment!  Unfortunately I was in the States about 3 days before the release,  but I had to do the same earlier to work with a 800x1280 tablet running honeycomb on the emulator.

Ideally Id like to get the full tablet interface working on a Fire,  but im not back in the States until Feb so it will have to wait until then unless Amazon choose to sell it here before then!

Andy