DSN Less connections to ODBC database

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Fri Dec 9 16:45:37 EST 2011

I played around with this a long time ago, because I didn't want to futz with mySQL (didn't know how at the time). I gave up and was forced to use mySQL because ODBC was so terribly unreliable and difficult to configure on a Mac if you didn't already know what you were doing. I do not think you can avoid the DSN. It's the go between of your client and the source, which is the "open" in ODBC.

Bob