When to release a free Android app? (development cycle)

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Fri Dec 9 15:31:57 EST 2011

On 09/12/2011 19:04, Ben Rubinstein (me!) wrote:
> * The Fire has a soft control panel... When using your app, this panel is
> permanently there; and it overlays your app's control bar (eg
> diary/food/exercise/breakdown).  Similarly when I select the menu button from
> that panel, your menu slides up but the bottom row is largely obscured by the
> Fire's control panel.

OK, I confused myself because I can't do maths; but this is actually pretty
simple.  'The screenrect' for the Fire returns "0,0,600,1024"; 'the working
screenrect' returns "0,40,600,964", which correctly reflects a 40 pixel status
bar, and 60 pixels for the control bar at the bottom (though NB the shadow of
the latter protrudes a few more pixels).  The rect of the stack is
"0,0,600,924", which correctly describes the space in which you can work.

So my guess is that you are currently positioning your bottom elements using
the screenrect; whereas if you used the height of the stack it would fix this
problem.

Ben