Creating an Undo palette

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 13:17:04 EST 2011

Just off the top of my head... couldn't you clone the current card, so the
cards of the stack containing the object who's properties are being altered
would represent the history of changes.  What would be required of the
palette stack then would be some kind of timeline interface to the stack of
cards containing the history of changes.  If the user reverted to a
particular point in time, then you would need to delete all the cards from
the latest card to that selected card.  (I'm guessing from the responses of
others, that my response is naive).

I'm puzzled by Ken's remark about running out of IDs.  What is the upper
limit to the number of IDs?

Bernard