Sound formats on Android

Admin admin at mfelkerco.com
Tue Aug 30 15:41:56 EDT 2011

Good job! My guess would be the android OS and not Live Code.
Sounds like a encoder/decoder issue.

Personally, I am having a hell of
a time deploying to android. I wrote a small app to test sounds and
found out I could not deploy it properly, even though in another program
I can deploy to android without a problem.

I re-installed the android
SDK, installed all packages and tried again, but the android plugin in
Live Code does not like the old or new SDK and says "That is not a
useable Android SDK root. Missing aapt tool. Make sure your sdk install
has not become corrupted". I re-doiwnloaded the SDK twice and both times
it downloaded 100% and installed without incident.

Also, in running
the SDK manager, if you try to run any of the Android Virtual Devices (I
made one representing my Aconia tablet and my HTC Evo, plus the stock
one), it does not start and gives this error: "Invalid command line
command: FILES".

Any help is appreciated.

Mike

J. Landman Gay wrote:

>> On 8/30/11 12:06 PM, Bob Sneidar wrote:
>>

>>> Wow Jacque! What kind of hell did you have to go through to get to
that conclusion?
>> Three days worth. The light actually came on because
of a bug in an older version of Audacity I was using. When saving short
sound files it was adding 10 seconds of silence to the end, which wasn't
at all what I wanted. Upgrading to the latest Audacity fixed that
problem. I'd already upgraded when I posted. Then I got to thinking back
and I remembered that I did in fact hear one of the sounds when it was
10 seconds long. I wish I'd remembered that earlier. I'm still not sure
what the exact cutoff is for sound length on Android, but 1 second fixed
it for me and I'm tired of messing with it. -- Jacqueline Landman Gay |
jacque at hyperactivesw.com [1] HyperActive Software |
http://www.hyperactivesw.com [2]

> It would be interesting to find
out whether it is the LC engine or IDE -
> relative to Android, or is it
Android itself that is imposing this minimum
> sound length.

~Roger