Error on uploading app to App Store

Andrew Henshaw henshaw at me.com
Sat Aug 27 16:41:21 EDT 2011

Im having problems getting messages out to the list at the moment,  so ill post this to the list and directly to you.

I had the same problem when submitting an update to my app a couple of weeks ago.

I switched to Snow Leopard running xCode 3.2.6 / SDK 4.3 and recompiled and everything worked and went through.

I get the distinct impression that this has nothing to do with Runrev,  and everything to do with the certificate handling in Lion and Snow Leopard or xCode 3 and 4,  but whatever the reason the steps that work for me under Snow Leopard and xCode 3.2.6 are...

1.  go to developer.apple.com member center and go to the ios provisioning portal
2.  create an 'app id' for you app.  This must be all lower case,  no spaces and must match your internal app id
3.  go to the 'provisioning' tab on the side and then to the 'distribution' tab on the top and create a new profile for your app.
4.  download and install the certificate into xCode
5.  start run rev,  make sure the internal app id matches your com.xyz.abc you used,  and the correct provisioning profile is selected.
6.  compile
7.  go to the compiled app and right click it,  then compress it into a zip
8.  send the zip to Apple using the loader application.

This works for me 95% of the time.   If it fails I usually go into iTunes,  organizer window,  delete all the provisioning profiles then re-download them from the Apple member center and put them all back and that fixes the remaining 5%.

I hope this helps you.

Andy