Error on uploading app to App Store

Andrew Henshaw henshaw at me.com
Sat Aug 27 16:41:21 EDT 2011


Im having problems getting messages out to the list at the moment,  so ill post this to the list and directly to you.

I had the same problem when submitting an update to my app a couple of weeks ago.

I switched to Snow Leopard running xCode 3.2.6 / SDK 4.3 and recompiled and everything worked and went through.

I get the distinct impression that this has nothing to do with Runrev,  and everything to do with the certificate handling in Lion and Snow Leopard or xCode 3 and 4,  but whatever the reason the steps that work for me under Snow Leopard and xCode 3.2.6 are...

1.  go to developer.apple.com member center and go to the ios provisioning portal
2.  create an 'app id' for you app.  This must be all lower case,  no spaces and must match your internal app id
3.  go to the 'provisioning' tab on the side and then to the 'distribution' tab on the top and create a new profile for your app.
4.  download and install the certificate into xCode
5.  start run rev,  make sure the internal app id matches your com.xyz.abc you used,  and the correct provisioning profile is selected.
6.  compile
7.  go to the compiled app and right click it,  then compress it into a zip
8.  send the zip to Apple using the loader application.

This works for me 95% of the time.   If it fails I usually go into iTunes,  organizer window,  delete all the provisioning profiles then re-download them from the Apple member center and put them all back and that fixes the remaining 5%.

I hope this helps you.

Andy



On 27 Aug 2011, at 19:48, dbrooks at unlserve.unl.edu wrote:

> Quoting William de Smet <williamdesmet at gmail.com>:
> 
>> Hi Dave,
>> 
>> But you don't have a solution yet?
> 
> 
> No. And I've gone so far as to offer a 'reward' to people who might help.  I've spent 20 years -- off and on -- developing the software. It does things like balance chemical equations and 'given so many grams of this, how many grams of that ...' AFTER you do your problem with your substances and numbers, you can click a tutor button and it will try to show you how it just did what it did.
> 
> I had little trouble in moving this from the desktop to an iPad. And I probably spent 300 tries fixing the iPad version -- dealing with iPad idiosyncrasies.
> 
> I'm too ready to upload this thing! I have the desktop versions (freely available) just about ready to release. If you want CREDIT, you have to take the course. If you want to learn the material, you just go to the site.
> 
> Last week I dealt with a problem of using "do" commands in on-rev. That was resolved quickly.
> 
> So, you're hearing the ranting of a very frustrated old guy. No, I haven't got a solution yet.
> 
> I suspect without knowing this that Apple has changed something AFTER RR developed it's process for building apps.
> 
> If I figure out how to do this, I'll post it right away. If you do, contact me offline. If it works for me, I'll tell you how to 'collect the reward.'
> 
> Best,
> 
> Dave B.
> 
> PS  Maybe an old man who has something that works on Mac, Windows, Web pages, and presumably under Linux should be happy.
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode





More information about the Use-livecode mailing list