OT: Is there any way for someone to see my MAC address over the internet?

AndyP smudge.andy at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 25 14:25:24 EDT 2011

Hi Michael,

There is a lot of info that can be gathered via the browser. I put togther a
site which displays a fair amount of info about your operating system,
browser, screen resolutions and plugins you may have installed..all via your
browser.

Have a look.. no info is stored or passed on, but you can email a report to
yourself if you want.

The detail in the report varies depending on the browser. Internet Explorer
generates the least detailed report due to security restrictions and the way
IE uses Active X to control plugins. Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and
Safari give very detailed reports on the plugins installed.

http://browserprobe.com http://browserprobe.com

I put this together when I was employed as a full time web developer so that
I could get a heads up on a clients system when they reported errors that I
could not then replicate on my system. This would show if any plugins etc
may be causing a problem.

-----
Andy Piddock

PointandSee is a FREE simple but full featured under cursor colour picker / finder.
http://www.pointandsee.co.uk - made with LiveCode (v1.3.1 released 22/03/2011)