Shell and Background Jobs

Nonsanity form at nonsanity.com
Tue Aug 23 17:01:54 EDT 2011

As per the Dictionary (and my own testing):

Note:  On OS X systems, you can use the open process command to start up an
application, but not a Unix process. To work with a Unix process, use the
shell func instead.

And it's unix processes that I need to start, not apps. :(

 ~ Chris Innanen
 ~ Nonsanity