ASCII, Unicode and Livecode

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 17:48:43 EDT 2011

If you get the htmlText of a char in a unicode mixed field (i.e.
containing single & double byte chars), there is an attribute of the
byte char, that font attribute of the paragraph tag will (in my
experience) contain "unicode" as item 2 of the font.

Thus, try "put the htmlText of char 1 of fld SomeUnicodeField into msg".

That at least allows one to detect if a char is unicode or not, even
if one only gets hold of one of the two bytes that make up the char.
I think this is the simplest (albeit clumsy) way to detect the nature
of a char in a run of mixed text.

Bernard