Unicode woes

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Tue Aug 16 14:06:38 EDT 2011

On 8/15/2011 3:51 PM, Malte Brill wrote:
> I have taken these scripts from the unicode lib that I am still trying to set up. If there is any interested, I'll upload it to revOnline and announce it on the list.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Malte

Malte,

Thank you. I for one would love any Unicode library any one cares to
post. Currently Unicode in LiveCode is one of the technology items that
requires a LOT of fussing with to get anything to work.

I'd also ask Kevin (RunRev) to please consider posting an update on the
new Field object and "Unicode that just works" as we approach the end of
Q3 2011 next month. The guestimated time frame for 5.0, the version that
will hopefully contain the new field and Unicode support, was suggested
as late Q4 2011 or Q1 2012. As Q3 2011 comes to an end in September,
some update would really help those of use who have product development
plans tied to that next LiveCode version (or at least the features we
hope will be in it).

--
Paul Dupuis
Cofounder