Exporting vector images

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 15:28:13 EDT 2011

On 08/15/2011 09:19 PM, Bob Sneidar wrote:
> Short of writing one in C, I am not sure how you are going to do that.
>
> Bob
>

> On Aug 15, 2011, at 10:43 AM, Richmond Mathewson wrote:
>
>> As far as I remember Fontographer (I own the Mac Classic version!!!!!) is quite capable of exporting glyphs as some sort of vector file . . .
>>
>> . . . wait a minute while I turn on my Mac . .  fire up the Classic environment . . . and so on . . .
>>
>> Ar, har, har . . . It can export chars as EPS documents which Inkscape (and, one assumes, Illustrator) ca cope with.

Subsequently found that Inkscape cannot open the EPS files exported by
Fontographer 4.7 . . bu**er!

Fontlab Studio can, similarly, export EPS files; but as Inkscape doesn't
'DO' EPS files that's not much cop.

Of course RunRev 2.2.1 has an import EPS facility, which is,
mysteriously enough, inaccessible.