Difference between destroyStack and destroyWindow

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at mac.com
Fri Aug 12 16:25:49 EDT 2011

They sounds pretty similar to me. What is the difference and why would I ever not want to have them either both on or both off for substacks?

Dictionary destroyWindow:
If a stack's destroyWindow property is set to true, closing the stack removes the data structure maintaining that window.

Dictionary destroyStack:
If a stack's destroyStack property is set to true, closing all stacks in its stack file removes it from memory space, cleaning up after the stack and freeing memory for use by the application.

Thanks,
Bill Vlahos