Stack Size Changes

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com
Wed Aug 10 17:50:43 EDT 2011

Hi Malte and Bob,

The windowBoundingRect is unfamiliar to me. This is probably the gap in my understanding I wanted to fill. I'm reading the dictionary, scratching my head.

However, the arithmetic is not quite adding up.

Visually, my stack fits on the screen. If I position it carefully by dragging, with the height set to 742, I can see a little bit of the desktop picture on all four sides. In this case, the rect of the stack is 10,51,1270, 793. I assumed that this would prevent resizing of the stack. It doesn't.

My windowBounding rect is 0,50,1280,796. Presumably this is the default value. (The top margin seems bigger than it needs to be. The Mac OS menu bar appears to be 40 pixels high, not 50. But that's another matter.)

If I'm not mistaken, the stack does lie within the windowBounding rect.

FWIW, the screen rect is 0,0,1280,800

Setting the top of the stack to 51 before saving and closing, or in preOpenStack does not prevent the automatic chopping off of the stack when it opens. I tried setting the windowBoundingRect to 0,41,1280,796 to give the stack a little more room, but that didn't seem to make any difference.

Am I not getting something? Or is LC misbehaving just a little?

This is all academic. I can solve the problem by setting the height or the rect of the stack in preOpenStack.

Thanks again.

Tim