socket handling/libURL changed between 4.0 and 4.6?

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 11:33:01 EDT 2011

I copied the libURL from 4.0 and pasted it over the version in 4.6,
and things work again.  So it is the changes made to libURL between
4.0 and 4.6 that are the immediate cause of this problem.

It would be helpful if libURL gave some error message rather than a
socket timeout.  Can someone tell me how to go about getting the
debugger to step into the code inside the 4.6 libURL library.  At
least then I can try and debug the problem.  At the moment breakpoints
inside the libURL library never trigger the debugger to kick in.

I don't know what other issues I will be leaving myself open to by
reverting to the 4.0 libURL whilst working with the 4.6 engine.  So
clearly this kind of mongrel I've hacked together is not a
satisfactory solution.

Bernard