Online Snippets library

David Bovill david at vaudevillecourt.tv
Wed Sep 22 08:28:27 EDT 2010

On 22 September 2010 13:12, AndyP <smudge.andy at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Apart from LiveCode I'm a PHP/MySql jockey and I was thinking of keeping it
> simple, something like below:
>
> http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/file/n2550163/layout.jpg
>
> This could be:
>
> 1. All PHP/MySql   or
> 2. A LiveCode desktop offering connecting to the database or both.
>
> I prefer 1. as it's available from everywhere.

OK - simple is good. I'm currently working on an sqlite db for this, and
frankly I'm not by any means a db expert, so having someone to work with on
the schema and MySQL side would be great.

I'd prefer to do this on On-Rev and using PostreSQL, mainly so Pierre could
chip in every now and then :) - but MySql is fine.

I'm currently working with sqlYoga and sqlite, and adding folksonomy tagging
to the snippets db, it would be great to use the same schema, and then start
to define the controller code so that local snippets and online snippets
work well together?