A mini-stack to automatically download most recent main stack?

Jim Schaubeck jimschaubeck at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 21 18:52:51 EDT 2010

Since its release, I use the web pluggin for most of my apps but there are
so many inconsistencies that I'm thinking of writing a small client app
that, once launched, goes out to where I store the real app/stack and
downloads it and runs it (or tells the little stack all of the parameters
that need changing to make it like the big stack) all automatically.  Sort
of like the weblet does but without the browser.  A small app will sit on
every machine that I want the "real" app to run on.  This way I can make
tweaks to the real app without having to upgrade everyone's client app.  I'm
sure it's not tough but I am but a novice compared to most on this list J

Anyone ever do something like this and if so, can you provide ideas as to
how you went about it?

Thank for any suggestions

jim schaubeck

714.321.4499