Slow launch times on Windows 7

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 04:51:48 EDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 9:37 AM, tekne <tekne at gruppoparentesi.it> wrote:

>> If Ricardo can install a new Seven on another PC and try a launch of
>> his application in it, we could be sure that he has the same problem
>> than the other customer. So it could be a good mean to confirm a
>> system problem or exclude this possibility.
>
> I have executed my app on four different PCs with native Win 7. The
> behaviour is the same.

Ricardo,

For me this exclude RAM problems so no need to check the RAM.

> As I say to Jacqueline that has managed tech support ticket, in one PC I
> have tried to defragment the HD and to update the video drivers but the
> lunch time is always over 60 seconds.
> I can't try any code because the problem is related to the time to open the
> first cd of the rev mainstack, and I have no code activated before.

Have you try to run your app after changing its compatibility mode.
Follow this link.
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/316-compatibility-mode.html

Could interesting to launch progressively your app with different
compatibility modes and compare the result:
- 1) with XP
- 2) Vista
- 3) Seven service pack 1
- 4) Seven service pack 2