Real Basic Web edition - No Plugin Required!

David Bovill david at vaudevillecourt.tv
Wed Sep 15 10:00:31 EDT 2010

On 15 September 2010 14:53, Andre Garzia <andre at andregarzia.com> wrote:,

> This is beautiful but deploying FastCGI is not that trivial. Recovery must
> play a big part on the backend since the FastCGI stays resident (it should)
> in memory.
>
> This could be replicated in Rev, pure RevTalk right now. It would not be
> 100% safe since we have a blocking engine but we could always use a monitor
> process to detect lock up and kill it. I think it was 2006 or something,
> that I was talking with Mark Wieder about how one should go to implement
> that exact solution.
>
> It can be done, heck, I am not the best programmer out there and I've
> implemented FastCGI on Revolution 2.x and it actually worked. Now, you guys
> got me hooked, I will write a big followup now not to hijack this thread.

RevServer is plenty to build on, the missing work is the job of polishing
off this infrastructure with integrating the rev IDE and the main JavaScript
libraries - the sensible way of doing this at low cost, is as Richard
outlined to use community development strategies to support open script
library / widget development.