ANN: PowerDebug

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Thu Sep 9 18:30:06 EDT 2010

I've been holding off announcing this until the 4.5 launch, but I
think maybe I should go ahead and (pre)announce anyway. We've launched
PowerDebug for RunRev and MetaCard, an upgrade for the built-in
debugger/variable watcher/runtime error stacks. There's a trial
version on revOnline that is fully functional but will present
annoying nag screens (launching your browser) at random intervals to
encourage you to buy the unrestricted version (at a special launch
sale price). There's also a walkthrough of most of the features at

http://www.ahsoftware.net/PowerTools/PowerDebug/PDDemo.html

Yes, it will allow you to debug preOpenCard and resize handlers that
are otherwise out of reach. More features than I would care to take up
bandwidth listing here, including a nifty ExplainError() function to
help demystify those cryptic error codes. Works with/without tRev, so
you can do both debugging and decoding. Just about everything you
could ask for in an xtalk debugger.

...and (more preannouncing) soon you'll be able to trigger a virtual
breakpoint from a specified message issued by any script: something
calling DisplayAboutBox but you don't know where? Just set a virtual
breakpoint for that message and you'll be placed in the debugger with
the context of the caller.

http://www.ahsoftware.net/PowerTools/BuyPowerDebug.irev

--
-Mark Wieder