how to totally make Kevin's day

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Sep 9 14:32:41 EDT 2010

On 9/9/10 1:08 PM, Marian Petrides wrote:
> Jackie It's more than jokes these days. :-(  I just read an article
> about how Microsoft's X-Box gaming network (?X-box Live) summarily
> throwing a gamer off because the name of his hometown is Ft. Gay,
> Georgia and that using the word somehow violated the TOS.  Say
> what?????

That happens to us all the time. My husband gets furious. He tries to
order something online and the order form is rejected. Occasionally
he'll use "Gray", but if payment is required that doesn't work because
the order name doesn't match the name on his credit card.

I have been rejected from joining several online mailing lists and
forums, and it is one of the main reasons I add my maiden name to my
signature. Sometimes I concatenate the two names without a space, just
to get access to various places.

I also receive an inordinate amount of spam about sexually-oriented
groups and publications. But after 25 years of all this, it is better to
retain a sense of humor and make jokes about it. One gets weary of
fighting. I'm just thankful that caller ID has stopped all the
nine-year-olds from making their anonymous phone calls to us at 3 AM.

And now back to our regularly scheduled celebrations.. :)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com