Stress-testing SQLite

Pierre Sahores psahores at free.fr
Sun Oct 31 02:55:58 EDT 2010

Le 30 oct. 2010 à 23:41, Lynn Fredricks a écrit :

>> http://www.informationweek.com/news/software/linux/showArticle
>> .jhtml?articleID=201001901

If a test could be setup in benchmarking the same test database set to run as :

- PHP+ Oracle 11g
- PHP+PostgreSQL 8.2
- PHP+ Valentina

- LiveCode server+Oracle 11g
- LiveCode server+PostgreSQL 8.2
- LiveCode server+Valentina

in using less expensive comparable hardware configs alike :

iMac 27" I7 quad core 2.8 Ghz and an equivalent Desktop PC

to test the respective performances of the app's servers+databases

against Linux, OSX SL and Solaris 10,

I'm not sure at all that PostgreSQL would be slower than Oracle 11g, on both the OpenSuse 11 and OSX SL platforms and it would be interesting to know how Valentina performs for its own against both PostgreSQL and Oracle (would it be faster, as it's presented to to be on the http://www.valentina-db.com/ site ?).

Just a tough,

Best,

Pierre