Keyboards

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Oct 23 12:56:11 EDT 2010

Peter Alcibiades wrote:

> Well thanks to this thread at least I found out where the # key went
> on the UK Mac keyboards, which maybe might come in handly one day.
> Its surreal to have it be alt + 3 unmarked.  How on earth are you
> supposed to know that?   I guess you have to read the Human Interface
> Guidelines?

You can show the Keyboard Viewer, which is the old "Keycaps" utility
remade. To get there on OS X, tick "Show Keyboard & Character Viewer in
menu bar" in the Keyboard system prefs. Then you can choose "Keyboard
Viewer" from the menu item and see all the key options by holding down
different keys on your keyboard.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com