revServer installation issues

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Thu Oct 21 18:19:35 EDT 2010

Bonjour Pierre,

You need to check the following pieces:

1) Make sure AllowOverride is set to All on both CGI-Executables and
Documents

2) Make sure your documents .htaccess include:
  Options ExecCGI
  AddHandler irev-script .irev
  Action irev-script /cgi-bin/revserver

Make sure the path "/cgi-bin/revserver" points to the RevServer engine. If
you simply put the whole RevServer folder on CGI-Executables, that reference
might be "/cgi-bin/revserver/revserver"

3) Now, I am not sure of this one, but I've added it here. On my .htaccess
file for the CGI-Executables folder, I have an "Options ExecCGI"

RevServer and it's files are set to 755 and are owned by "soapdog:admin". I
don't think the files will run if owned by root. Too dangerous.

Pierre, did you actually used the little webserver that I've sent you? Did
it work for you?