revServer installation issues

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Thu Oct 21 10:59:29 EDT 2010

On Oct 20, 2010, at 11:01 PM, Phil Davis wrote:

> On 10/20/10 4:57 PM, Devin Asay wrote:
>> Phil,
>>
>> It seems clear that the config file isn't quite right, and that the revServer engine isn't being launched. Where are your revServer files installed,
>
> /Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables
> I copied all the files from the 'revserver' folder into the 'CGI-Executables'
> folder - without the enclosing 'revserver' folder.
>
>> ... and can you post the mods you made to your httpd.conf file?
>
> My mods were applied to the /private/etc/apache2/httpd.conf file, and each
> changed line has a '## PD 201010xx' tag on the end of it.
>
> First, for the record:
> DocumentRoot "/Library/WebServer/Documents"
>
> Note - I tried adding some directives in an .htaccess file inside this directory
> but since removed the file.
>

> --- Now the first set of changes ---------------------------------------------
>
> <Directory "/Library/WebServer/Documents">
>     AddHandler irev-script .irev  ## PD 20101018 added
>     Action irev-script /cgi-bin/revserver  ## PD 20101018 added

Phil,

I had to do it this way:

    Action irev-script /cgi-bin/revserver/revserver

Because I had moved the entire revserver folder into cgi-bin (well, really CGI-Executables.) Until I did I was having similar problems to yours. In other words the Action had to point to the executable file, not just the enclosing folder.

I'm more a blunder-around-in-the-dark guy when it comes to this stuff, so it's probably just an accident that I got it to work. :-)

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University