Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Oct 21 10:29:04 EDT 2010

Thierry wrote:

> Le 21 oct. 2010 à 15:42, Robert Mann a écrit :
>
>> Well over here in France, I inquired about reparing my 5 years old G5 which
>> motherboard now works only with a hair dryer heating up... due to a kind of
>> defective conception...  answer from apple was (i won't comment on how I
>> felt!) beyond 5 years, nothing can be done, and "computers are not meant to
>> last longer" !!!
>>
>> I looked at my first apple SE/30 still running from nearly 30 years now..
>> and I thought whouaou they changed something in their mind!!!
>>
>> And I thought, ok guys, I will no more express the idea that apple = top
>> quality from now on...
>> so now, apple is just a commodity like other brand, same hat..
>>
>> I think I'm ready for Linux now!!!
>
> But Linux doesn't sell computers !

No, but System 76 and ZaReason do - exclusively Ubuntu pre-installed:

<http://www.system76.com/>
<http://zareason.com>

And check this out:  if you send a self-addressed stamped envelop to the
good folks at System 76 they'll send you a package of several "Powered
by Ubuntu" stickers to replace your "Made for Windows" sticker, and some
Ubuntu-logo Special key stickers to cover the Win logo on your keyboard:

<http://www.system76.com/article_info.php?articles_id=9>

While the System 76 office is in Colorado (where MetaCard was born) they
have affiliates you can send your request to in more than a dozen
countries worldwide, so you can get your "Powered by Ubuntu" stickers
easily from anywhere in the world.

:)

--
  Richard Gaskin