use-revolution Digest, Vol 85, Issue 31

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 01:52:27 EDT 2010

  On 10/16/2010 07:25 AM, Vokey, John wrote:
> One last change; HP worked hard to find the colours for the keys that would work for all, especially those otherwise known as "colourblind"; hence the, for some, odd beige/yellow keys, and the faded cyan keys.  But, in tests, these colours really do "work for all" including monochromats.  Wendy Carlos has a nice demo for those not otherwise afflicted:<http://www.wendycarlos.com/colorvis/color3.html#cblind>

I hated those calculators with red LEDs and was really happy when my Dad
bought me
a Sinclair calculator in 1977 with nice, big, green LEDS; now I always
set my terminal emulators
so they give me bold green text on a black background.

When I was a kid and we had to do all those colour-blindness tests at
school the nurse always got annoyed
with me because, normally, I saw 2 numbers in each circle; something
s/he could or would not explain
to me.

I am aware that one of my eyes sees things in a much bluer shade than
the other eye.

HOWEVER: for calculations I tend to do my initial work nowadays with my
trusty sliderule and then
move straight to the computer. NO colour problems with my British Thornton!