Franklin Audio Intro Pricing Ends Soon; New Testable Too!

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Fri Oct 15 12:21:44 EDT 2010

Hello all,

Franklin Audio, our multi-channel audio external for LiveCode (Windows and
Mac deployment) is good enough to start selling.

Franklin Audio is an external that lets you manipulate audio without
enslavement to mighty pharaoh QuickTime. It is more sophisticated that just
simple playback however, because it lets you buffer you audio and then play
it back in a spacial (3D) way relative to a virtual "listener". It doesn't
matter if that listener is listening through speakers or a headset, though
you will notice a big difference the more sophisticated your audio set up.
We've ported over the OpenAL API for use with LiveCode, so you have almost
the same level of control over it as if you were working with the original
C++ libraries.

Final release is going to happen very soon, but until then, we are offering
Franklin Audio at a discounted price - $39 (regularly $59) per platform or
$69 for both Mac OS X and Windows (regular $99). It will be regular priced
after we finalize. Yes, royalty free distribution of course :-)

Product Page: http://franklin3d.com/products/franklin-audio
Ugly Beta Downloads Link : http://franklin3d.com/download/beta/audio/

Did you have a problem with previous beta?

If you tried the last beta and had problems (esp on Win XP Pro) I encourage
you (yes, Im talking to you, Mark W ;-)) to try this one. Set up does
require taking a few steps, but we've confirmed it working on some of the
more challenging Windows XP Pro set ups. If you installed previously, make
sure you remove the previous version files, run the standard installer, then
you'll need to open the install.rev project to register it with Rev or
LiveCode. Then, restart Rev / LiveCode. If it doesn't work, you may need a
computer restart.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President