Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Oct 4 09:47:49 EDT 2010

On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 1:25 PM, Klaus on-rev <klaus at major.on-rev.com> wrote:

> I tried to load a page from an https server and got of course an
> error because the user certicitate was not found.
>
> No username or password required for the site!
>
> the result was:
> error -Error with certificate at depth: 0  issuer  ...
> err 20:unable to get local issuer certificate
>
> So since any internt browser can do this,  my question is how can I do?
>
> Are there any "generic" certificates in some folder on the users hd that I
> can
> set "the sslcerificates" to?

Yes, grab the cert.pem file that curl publishes:

http://curl.haxx.se/ca/cacert.pem

Include it with your app and point the sslcerificates to it.

Also, 4.5 has experimental support for loading SSL certs installed on the
system. I haven't tested this yet but that may be a solution for you as well
if you aren't using 4.5 yet.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems