Advantages of LC as high level language--examples

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Mon Nov 29 15:29:14 EST 2010

Hello all,

In trying to explain to students how high level languages such as LiveCode can make development faster, I would like to give concrete examples of how single-line LC commands actually execute dozens of C++ commands in the engine. For example, a simple one-liner like:

	show field "demo" with visual effect dissolve

Must have lots of lines of compiled C code behind it. Does anyone have any concrete examples? I may end up directing this to the mother ship, but thought I'd try here first.

Thanks,

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University