MySQL and open source

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Sat Nov 27 09:53:00 EST 2010

On 11/27/10 4:28 PM, "Björnke von Gierke" <bvg at mac.com> wrote:

> Ruslan. You do know that a legal contract do deliver something (for example
> source code) cannot be postponed indefinitely.

Björnke,  Do not try catch me :-)

I have point very clear:  100 years. 1000 years.
There is no indefinite in my example.

> Stop trying to stir up
> controversy where there is none please, it makes me want to puke.

Me as developer, which is used to specify *strict rules* to computers,
also have strange feeling (not yet puke :-) when somebody says

            GPL do not say WHEN deliver sources.

Sorry, If license not says 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week, 1 year...
Then when? And who choose when?

If you don't know, just say please:
    I don't know answer on your question.

This will be fair and respectable.
May be somebody else will be able explain us.

--
Best regards,

Ruslan Zasukhin
VP Engineering and New Technology