error seeking in file

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 21:46:55 EST 2010

Noticed that you were using  filename as your variable name, but it is a
reserved word, you should probably change it to tFilename or whatever
alternative name you wish.
In addition, I think you will probably want to open the file in update mode,
or for write, depending on what you wish to accomplish. Update or append can
leave parts of the file unchanged, but the way I read your description, it
sounds like you will want a complete overwrite, in which case opening for
write makes it easy.