Why Does this Behavior Fail?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Nov 17 19:51:55 EST 2010

On 11/17/10 5:51 PM, Sivakatirswami wrote:
> goal:
>
> I would to put help info in custom props and then call these
> automatically into display as the user pass his mouse over controls (on
> a preferences card)

I have a stack that does that, but it doesn't use behaviors. I just put
this into the card:

on mouseEnter
   put the cTip of the target into tTip
   if tTip <> "" then
     set the htmltext of fld "helptext" to tTip
   end if
   pass mouseEnter
end mouseEnter

on mouseLeave
   put "" into fld "helptext" -- or hide the fld
   pass mouseLeave
end mouseLeave

Only those objects that have a cTip property will do anything. I just
add help text to anything that needs it. I don't think I'd use
"mouseWithin", it will trigger repeatedly.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com